31 Oct Rajasthani Tikkar Paratha / Gluten free
This Rajasthani Tikkar Paaratha is Gluten free version of usual Tikkar Paratha. Tikkar Paratha is a popular dish from the desert province of Rajasthan. The uniqueness of this dish is that its added with tomatoes along with onions while kneading the flour.
To make it a gluten free version, I have tweaked the recipe here by substituting my gluten free flour mix instead of wheat flour and added a bit of besan to bring softness to the roti, as corn meal makes it a little dry. Though traditionally it is made with maize flour mixed with wheat flour,
It’s a versatile, wholesome & healthy dish that you can have it either for breakfast or for lunch. When served with curd and pickle it tastes delicious.
- ¼ cup Maize flour—Makkai ka atta (Corn meal NOT corn flour)
- ¼ cup glutenfree flour mix
- ¼ cup besan (chickpea flour)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp green chilli ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 medium sized onion grated
- 1 medium sized tomato grated
- 2 tsp fresh coriander chopped finely
- 2 tsp fresh spring onion greens chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Extra 2 tablespoon each finely chopped tomato and fresh spring onion greens chopped finely
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to a soft but stiff dough. You may not require any water. Water content in onion and tomato will be enough to bind the flours. Add a tsp oil if necessary.
- Rest it for 10 minutes if possible.
- Make 4 balls out f the dough and roll it medium thick by dusting some rice flour. It should not be too thin.
- Top with a tsp of tomatoes and greens and lightly roll pressing the vegetables on top of the roti
- Gently remove and add it to the hot pan, vegetable side up.
- Cook on both sides adding a tsp of oil.