01 Jan Dry fruits Sweet with Millets
This Dry fruits Sweet with Millet is a healthy sweet to satiate your sweet tooth and to start the New year.
Wishing all my dear subscribers, friends & well wishers a Very Happy New Year, A year full of health & fitness with this Dry Fruit Sweet
New year is like a blank book
Hope to fill it with recipes that I cook
Recipes to make you walk the road that is healthy,
And take you to an abode that is wealthy.
Fitness and well-being are my hopes and dreams
To be fulfilled by New year’s light beams
Let’s begin this New year with a sweet course
Adding sweet memories to your life’s course
Millet & Dry fruits Sweet Course
- 1/2 cup millet (barnyard / kodo / foxtail)
- 1/4 cup channa dal
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Mixed nuts chopped (cashew, badam, walnuts)
- 2 tbsp mixed raisins (black & golden)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cardamoms
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- Soak millets and channa dal for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Dry roast the nuts and keep aside. Mix raisins.
- In a skillet, add coconut oil and add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add the drained millet and dal and sauté for few minutes.
- Add water and cook covered.
- Once the millet is cooked, add the jaggery powder.
- Let the jaggery melt and mix with cooked millet. Keep stirring.
- Add the roasted nuts (keep some for garnish) and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and cook on a slow flame.
- Switch off flame and add nutmeg powder and cardamom powder.
- Garnish with nuts and raisins.
- I have dry roasted the nuts. However, if you prefer you can roast them in ghee
- Adjust the sweetness as per your family requirement
- You can substitute millets with rice for this recipe
- Add more coconut milk for a thinner consistency
You can also check my other Gluten free Desserts here