18 Nov Almond Pulp Recipes | Left over Pulp
Almond milk has many health benefits. There are many who avoid dairy milk as health or lifestyle choice such as veganism. Its is the best option for such people. The left over pulp after extracting the milk can be used in many ways. In my last post I had published homemade almond milk and promised to post recipes using the left over pulp. I already have a post on Brownies with the pulp. Here are some more Almond Pulp Recipes.
1. Spread almond pulp (unsweetened or sweetened) on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Turn the oven on to the lowest temperature it can go and bake for 2 to 3 hours or until all the moisture is gone and it becomes absolutely dry.
3. Blend in a food processor / mixer until it becomes flour consistency.
4. This flour can be used for baking cookies, cakes and other stuff.
Almond pulp Chatni:
1. Blend almond pulp with green chillies, ginger, coriander and mint leaves, desiccated / fresh coconut, lime juice and salt.
2. Measurements are flexible. You can add as per your desired levels.
3. This chatni is great with Idli, dosa, roti, bhakri, etc
Almond pulp Poha cookies:
1 cup almond pulp
½ cup Poha (beaten rice white / brown)
1 tbsp Flax meal
½ cup cane sugar
1 tsp ginger powder
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1. Blend everything in a food processor till they form a stiff dough.
2. Alternately you can coarsely powder the Poha in a mixer and mix with other ingredients in a bowl to form a stiff dough.
3. Make small balls and flatten them on a cookie sheet.
4. You can top with a whole cashew or few chocolate chips. Choice is yours
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180˚ C for 20 to 30 minutes.